ISL as innovating binational research institute is very committed to soustainability and environmental protection.
Therefore, the ISL staff has been especially trained (waste sorting, energy saving, ) to contribute to the reduction of Co² and reduce the CO²-footprint of ISL
The actual result of 3200 tons of CO² equivalent is mainly due to gas and oil consumption and the use of SF6 Gas for research facilities, SF6 having a very high incidence in the balance.
(22800 kg eqCO2 per kg, source : Base Carbone de l’ADEME).
Our contribution to reduce CO² until 2017.
- Use more renewable energy. ISL has connected its heating system to the central heating plant of Saint-Louis powered by renewable energy (pellets, biomasse)
- No more use of SF6 gas and replacement by other ecological procedures.
- Promote the use of electric cars. ISL disposes of 2 electric cars
- Use energy saving illumination Reduce the emission of fugitive refrigeration gases. No use of R22
- Better waste sorting
- Promote video conferences to reduce of long distance trips.