For immediate placement, we are currently looking for a Research scientist (m/f) in the field of collaborative guidance strategies for flying vehicles.
The main task will consist in conducting research and development in advanced guidance laws for long-range and precision-guided projectile concepts as well as swarm concepts.
Your tasks – challenging and innovative:
- Coordinating and executing the research activities in cooperation with internal and external partners
- Delivery on projects from concept to experimental validation:
- Design and analysis of mission scenarios and operative concepts
- Research and benchmarking of the state of the art of collaborative guidance concepts and system of systems for projectiles/missiles/UAVs
- Adaptation of existing collaborative guidance solutions or development of new guidance architectures for long-range, precision-guided and high-speed projectiles, projectile swarms and the multi-platform projectile-UGV-UAV cooperation framework
- Verification and validation of the derived architecture in system simulations and field tests with special emphasis on GNC loops
- Supervision of the work conducted by the engineers in charge of system simulation
- Management of associated PhD and Master students
- Dissemination of research work in scientific conferences and peer-reviewed journals and representation of results towards partners and clients
Your profile – analytical and practical-minded:
- Engineering or University Master’s degree + PhD degree in: electrictal engineering, IT, mechatronics, aerospace engineering, or similar with a focus on automation and control systems
- Professional experience in industry is not required, but would be considered as an asset
- Solid knowledge in dynamical systems and control systems (preferably optimal control methods)
- Some knowledge of flight dynamics and aerodynamics, experience with guidance laws implementation would be an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of MATLAB/Simulink
- Very good analytical and organizational skills, thoroughness, ability to work independently as well as part of a team, good communication skills
- Very good command of English. Knowledge of French or German is not required, but would be appreciated
We propose to employ you on a fixed-term contract for five years with possibility of renewal.
We offer attractive remuneration, flexible work arrangements and many opportunities for vocational training und further development.
If this challenging description fits your profile, we are looking forward to receiving your complete application, mentioning the following keyword: “GNC-S”.