For immediate placement, we are currently looking for a Engineer for the Mechanical Characterisation of Materials (m/f/d).
Your new tasks and responsibilities - challenging and future-oriented:
- The mechanical characterisation of materials includes the following tasks:
- Carrying out tensile and compression tests
- Developing mechanical testing tools
- Performing hardness tests
- The jobholder will take over responsibility for the following equipment: quasi-static testing systems (universal presses), drop tower, training programmes for interns and PhDs, maintenance of the presses. Furthermore, he will be in charge of the following tasks:
- Ensuring compliance with related health and safety rules
- Using and developing numerical and mathematical tools: Modelling and simulation of test fixtures and results
- Follow-up of governmental and third-party contracts, writing concluding reports
- Supervising students (interns and PhD students)
- Publication of scientific works through lectures or articles in scientific journals
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate:
- You are an engineering graduate or you have a Master's degree preferably in the following field: Mechanical and Materials Engineering
- You have, ideally, experience in doing numerical simulations and/or CAO
- You have good communication skills. You like to work in a team and to take initiatives. You are an effective organiser adapting yourself easily to new situations.
- You have a good level in French and/or German
We propose to employ you on a fixed-term contract for three years with possibility of renewal.
We offer attractive remuneration, flexible work arrangements and many opportunities for vocational training und further development.
If this challenging description fits your profile, we are looking forward to receiving your complete application, mentioning the following keyword: “AMT-I”.
Published on 2 June 2021