For immediate placement, we are currently looking for a Research engineer in photonics and laser-matter interaction (m/f/d).
Field of activity
The group RIM (Radiation Interaction with Matter) investigates the terminal effects of laser weapons and develops related protection devices. The groups has strong technical and theoretical expertise in optronics, especially in the field of laser-matter interaction.
Your new tasks and responsibilities - challenging and future-oriented:
- Development of photonic test banks
- Investigating the vulnerability of materials and components to laser attacks
- Optimization of optical banks
- Multiphysics simulations including optical and thermal aspects
- Supporting the communication and exploitation of research works
- Providing preventive maintenance and service for laboratory tools
- Occasionally, supervision of technical staff and interns
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate:
- Must have at least an engineering degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in photonics or solid-state physics
- Use precise scientific methods, show curiosity, able to focus on the big picture
- Ability to use informatics to monitor instruments (LabVIEW instrument driver)
- A good command of English (spoken and written), strong sense of teamwork
- Knowledge in the following areas is required:
- Lasers and their components, specific materials in the field of optics
- Optics and/or multiphysics simulation tools (Zemax, Comsol)
- Spectroscopy and thermal imaging
- Military optronics
We propose to employ you on a fixed-term contract for five years with possibility of renewal.
We offer attractive remuneration, flexible work arrangements and many opportunities for vocational training und further development.
If this challenging description fits your profile, we are looking forward to receiving your complete application, mentioning the following keyword: “RIM-I”.
Published on 19 November 2021