For immediate placement, we are currently looking for a Research scientist in the field of detonics (m/f).
Studies on the reactive behavior of materials and energetic systems.
The scope of this study will be to model the microstructure of energetic materials with respect to their reactive behavior including transient modes.
The first step will be to reach a better understanding and an accurate prediction of the different phenomena, and then to identify the limitations of the existing numerical models in order to guide further research. Numerical research will be conducted together with the teams from the CEA Gramat. Parallel experimental works are also required to validate and underpin numerical simulations. Developing measuring devices with spatial resolution to measure the microstructure effects will also be part of your sphere of duties.
- Strong involvement in the group’s life and development: occasional management and mentoring of colleagues, bringing forward proposals
- Increase the scientific notoriety of our Institute: external communication, conference attendance, publication, involvement in work related to governmental or third-party contracts
- A 8 year higher education diploma as an engineer or PhD-level
- Skills in mechanics and/or energetics and/or detonics and/or energetic materials and/or energetic systems and/or numerical modeling and/or optronics
- International experience would be valuable
- Analytical skills, organizational skills, thoroughness, ability to work effectively as a part of a team, communication skills
- Good knowledge of English
We propose to employ you on a fixed-term contract for five years with possibility of renewal.
We offer attractive remuneration, flexible work arrangements and many opportunities for vocational training und further development.
If this challenging description fits your profile, we are looking forward to receiving your complete application by 30 June 2018, mentioning the following keyword: “PCD-S”.