For immediate placement, we are currently looking for a Research scientist for modeling the impulse pressure distribution on the battle field and improvement of soldier protection vest (m/f).
On the battlefield, there are two types of pressure waves: acoustic pressure waves (low amplitude) and blast waves (high amplitude). Blast waves as well as acoustic waves caused by weapon noise constitute a threat to the health and survivability of the combatant or can cause serious injuries. Besides, military interventions have shown that infantry individual protection elements are insufficient to address modern threats.
The purpose of the suggested scientific work is to develop new computational techniques complemented by experimental validation in order to support the ISL activities in different areas:
- High performance numerical modeling (ISL computational cluster or national computational centers)
- Continued use of standard codes (DYNA) or development of ISL/APC codes
- Involvement in the theory/comparative work and experiments
- Modeling of fabric effects and experimental validation in the shock tube
- Continuation of modeling and validation work on bio-simulation elements to support the development of an instrumented ISL dummy
- Development of a unified numerical approach to understand blast phenomena and their effects, as an interface to FEM codes for structural resistance
- An eight year higher education diploma and PhD-level
- Good knowledge of phenomena related to high pressure waves (blast, weapon noise)
- Good knowledge in the field of numerical computing of acoustics and blast as well as FEM computing for rapid dynamics and methods for visualization of scientific computations
- Experience in the field of research, publications, implementation of contractual projects
- Organizational skills, ability to work effectively as a part of a team, communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of English
We propose to employ you on a fixed-term contract for five years with possibility of renewal.
We offer attractive remuneration, flexible work arrangements and many opportunities for vocational training und further development.
If this challenging description fits your profile, we are looking forward to receiving your complete application by 31.03.2018, mentioning the following keyword: “APC-S”.