For immediate placement, we are currently looking for a Research scientist (m/f) for development of solid laser sources and non-linear optics in the mid-infrared spectral Region.
Download post description as pdf-file
- Research and development work on laser sources and innovative components for defense applications, especially for
– Crystal lasers and fiber lasers emitting in the mid-infrared range
– Non-linear conversion
– Non-linear materials
- Conduct research projects and communicate about results with a focus on experimental research
- Design and optimization of laser source architectures
- Design and application of an experimental protocol
- Qualification of components and subsystems
- Keeping of maintenance notebooks, safety sheets
- Ensure the traceability of the results
- Analysis, interpretation and validation of the results
- Writing publications / reports / scientific communications
- Supervision of PhD students and graduate interns
- Monitoring of international research activities and literature studies
- Research / study / adaptation of new experimental techniques
- PhD in the field of solid-state physics, photonics, laser physics, non-linear optics
- Several years of experience in the field of solid-state laser sources (design and conception of laser cavities,
high-power pulsed systems, especially with solutions based on rare-earth ions)
- Several years of experience in studying and developing non-linear converters and good knowledge of non-linear materials
- Knowledge in defense optronics would be appreciated
We propose to employ you on a fixed-term contract for five years with possibility of renewal.
We offer attractive remuneration, flexible work arrangements and many opportunities for vocational training und further development.
If this challenging description fits your profile, we are looking forward to receiving your complete application, mentioning the following keyword: “DPA-S-2018”.