For immediate placement, we are currently looking for an Engineer for “powder shaping and consolidation” (m/f).
The activities of the AMT research group mainly focus on:
- Developing advanced materials using powder metallurgy by focussing on the different steps of powder synthesis, until its consolidation by sintering
- Mechanical characterisation of materials including mechanical stress. In this context, the engineer for “powder shaping and consolidation” will be involved in the different activities related to powder sintering
Your new tasks and responsibilities – challenging and future-oriented:
- Activities related to the shaping and consolidation of a large range of fine materials, from metals to ceramics and even composite materials
- To be responsible for a pool of equipment for powder shaping and sintering, including a SPS sintering device, a hot isostatic press (HIP), a vacuum furnace and cold isostatic presses (CIP)
- Maintenance, outage management and consumable supply
- Performing trials related to shaping and sintering, training of staff at these techniques
- COMSOL: developing skills in numerical simulation (COMSOL), which will be used to simulate SPS phenomena and to optimise conception parameters
- HSC (thermodynamic calculation software): developing skills
- Managing projects and writing synthetic reports
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate:
- Engineering degree (materials, chemistry, physics)
Knowledge and experience on the following fields would be appreciated:
- Experience in the fields of sintering and powder metallurgy would be preferable
- Thorough understanding of thermodynamics and thermal analysis
- Knowledge of different temperature measurement methods
- Knowledge of COMSOL
- Pressure systems training course or authorisation to use these systems would be valuable
- Good knowledge of English, basic knowledge of French or German would be appreciated
- Organisational skills, ability to work effectively as a part of a team, communication skills
We propose to employ you on a fixed-term contract for five years with possibility of renewal.
We offer attractive remuneration, flexible work arrangements and many opportunities for vocational training und further development.
If this challenging description fits your profile, we are looking forward to receiving your complete application, mentioning the following keyword: “AMT-I”.