For immediate placement, we are currently looking for a Research scientist in the field of advanced algorithms for navigation through INS/GNSS coupling and in-flight Validation (m/f).
You will study and develop inertial navigation algorithms with magnetometers and GNSS for the estimation of position, speed and attitude of flying objects, based on low-cost components.
Your new tasks and responsibilities – challenging and future-oriented:
- Studying and developing fusion algorithms INS - GNSS (GPS, Galileo, ...):
- Kalman filters
- Matlab-Simulink simulations
- Studying different possibilities: accelerometers / gyrometers / magnetometers / GNSS in a wide and narrow coupling
- Participation (or coordinating) research works with other actors:
- Sensor calibration
- Development of free-flight demonstrators: sensor and algorithm implementation
- Planning and coordination of free-flight tests
- Implementation of algorithms simulation programmes of projectile performance
- fusion INS/Vision
- As a research scientist, you will be required to obtain your habilitation degree for directing research (HDR)
- You will present your research work during scientific conferences
- You will be reporting about your results in scientific publications, papers and presentations
- You will supervise postdoctoral researchers, doctoral candidates and trainees
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate:
- University degree (Master) or Engineering degree with a PhD in the field of signal processing and automatism
Knowledge and experience on the following fields would be appreciated:
- Signal processing
- Digital filtering (Kalman filter)
- Perfect knowledge of Matlab/Simulink
- Inertial navigation systems and linked components
- Methods for control and command of systems
- Programming of on-board Computers
- Good command of English
- Ability to communicate and to work effectively as part of a team and to take initiatives
We propose to employ you on a fixed-term contract for five years with possibility of renewal.
We offer attractive remuneration, flexible work arrangements and many opportunities for vocational training und further development.
If this challenging description fits your profile, we are looking forward to receiving your complete application, mentioning the following keyword: “GNC-S”.