For immediate placement, we are currently looking for a manager for the “Directed Photonics and Applications” group (m/f).
The aim of the group DPA is to develop new laser sources for defence applications. The main research domains are new laser materials (holmium, erbium), nonlinear crystals such as zinc germanium phosphide (ZGP), doped fibres, non-planar optical parametric oscillators (OPOs), and innovative diode pumping schemes for lasers from 1.6 µm to beyond 5 µm. The researches are conducted with the use of the latest laser technologies and components. A highly motivated team of about 15 members awaits you in order to conduct innovative research.
Your new tasks and responsibilities – challenging and future-oriented:
- Managing the research activities of the group, putting your knowledge and potential to use
- Planning the research to be conducted and the corresponding resources
- Assessing the research results and the subsequent measures to be undertaken
- Using innovative approaches in order to identify the research areas presenting a promising future
- Handling the whole budget of the team
- Winning research and third-party contracts
- Maintaining strategic and scientific partnerships, making new contacts
- Recruiting doctoral candidates
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate:
- PhD in physics or engineering sciences
Knowledge and experience on the following fields would be appreciated:
- At least 10 years of professional experience in the fields of solid-state laser and/or nonlinear optics
- Experience with fibre lasers and nonlinear optics in the mid-infrared would be appreciated
- Expertise confirmed by international publications and conference participation
- Innovative skills in project and scientific management that make you stand out
- An experience in the management of interdisciplinary teams attesting to your skills in human resources development, integration and leadership, as well as an enthusiastic personality, would be appreciated
- Perfect command of English and French
- Great negotiation, communication and decision taking skills
We propose to employ you on a open-ended contract.
We offer attractive remuneration, flexible work arrangements and many opportunities for vocational training und further development.
If this challenging description fits your profile, we are looking forward to receiving your complete application, mentioning the following keyword: “DPA-Manager”.