Download post description as pdf-file
For immediate placement, we are currently looking for a manager for the “Pulsed Power Technologies” group (m/f).
The group studies and develops pulsed power generators in the range of Gigawatts. Your activities cover the designing of circuits for the mentioned generators and high-power electronics, the development of specific solutions regarding the components for semiconductors, as well as the characterization of these components under high loadings. A highly motivated team of about 15 colleagues awaits you in order to conduct innovative research.
Your new tasks and responsibilities – challenging and future-oriented:
- Management of all the research activities of the group by applying your knowledge as well as your potential
- Planning of the research to be conducted and the corresponding resources
- Evaluation of the research results and the subsequent measures to be undertaken
- Use of innovative approaches in order to identify the research areas with a promising futureIntelligent use of your skills to conduct research for third-party contracts
- Responsibility for the whole budget of the team
- Winning research and third-party contracts
- Maintaining strategic and scientific partnerships and make new contacts
- Recruiting doctoral candidates
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate:
- PhD in physics or electrical engineering
Knowledge and experience on the following fields would be appreciated:
- Professional experience of several years in the fields of electrical engineering or pulsed power technologies
- Experience with semiconductor technology and solid-state physics would be appreciated
- Expertise confirmed by international publications and conference participation
- Innovative skills in project and scientific management that make you stand out
- An experience in the management of interdisciplinary teams attesting to your skills in human resources development, integration and leadership, as well as an enthusiastic personality, would be appreciated
- Perfect command of German and English
- Great negotiation, communication and decision taking skills
We propose to employ you on a full time open-ended contract.
We offer attractive remuneration, flexible work arrangements and many opportunities for vocational training und further development.
If this challenging description fits your profile, we are looking forward to receiving your complete application, mentioning the following keyword: “EHI-Manager”.
Send us your application documents
Published on 5 March 2019