Within the frame of scientific activities conducted on Material Sciences, ISL has a strong interest in the characterization of the mechanical properties of the developed materials, particularly regarding protection or structure applications.
For immediate placement, we are currently looking for a R & D Test Engineer in Mechanical Engineering (m/f).
The current needs for design and optimization of complex structures exposed to stress at high strain rates lead to the development of more and more sophisticated numerical models. Besides the purely numerical considerations necessary to obtain a reliable simulation, the most important aspect is experimental characterization of the material behaviour (deformation and rupture) at high strain rates and under complex stress conditions.
Your new tasks and responsibilities – challenging and future-oriented:
- Dynamic mechanical characterization:
- of different kind of materials: metals, ceramics, polymers, composites
- with Hopkinson bars (tensile, compression) and gaz launchers.
- Development of dedicated mechanical tools and design of experiments: numerical study, technical drawings, etc.
- Development of data post-processing tools
- Responsible for the associated scientific equipment (maintenance, handling, user training, protocol and safety instruction writing)
- Writing technical reports
- Supervision and education of trainees
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate:
- Master level in Mechanical engineering or Mechatronics or equivalent
Knowledge and experience on the following fields would be appreciated:
- High interest for experimental work is imperative
- Well-established skills in mechanical characterization techniques
- Well-established skills in data post-processing software e.g. Matlab, Origin, LabView (optional)
- Skills in numerical modelling with finite element method (ABAQUS) would be a plus
- Fluent English (writing and speaking), French (optional), German (optional)
- Proactive, autonomous, inquisitive, dynamic, communicative personality
We propose to employ you on a fixed-term contract for five years with possibility of renewal.
We offer attractive remuneration, flexible work arrangements and many opportunities for vocational training und further development.
If this challenging description fits your profile, we are looking forward to receiving your complete application, mentioning the following keyword: “AMT-I”.