For immediate placement, we are currently looking for a researcher on smart hearing protection and sensor systems for physiological monitoring (m/f/d).
The overall objective of these studies is to develop and deepen the bases for a new generation of Hearing Protection Devices for very intense impulse noises. Future applications will have to combine various functions in order to guarantee a good protection of soldiers as well as a good efficiency in their missions.
Among these new functions, the real-time monitoring of the efficiency of the protection as well as the monitoring of the user’s physiological parameters are of a major importance.
The work includes the development of good knowledge of acoustic and physiological sensors to be used in future earplugs as well as to a better understanding and modeling of the physical mechanisms involved in passive and electronic Hearing Protection Devices.
Your new tasks and responsibilities – challenging and future-oriented:
- State-of-the-art sensors and signal processing technics for monitoring physiological parameters
- Benchmarking possible sensors & algorithms including interactions with acoustical functions
- Choosing sensors and integrating them in a Hearing Protection Device laboratory demonstrator
- Contributing to the team work by developing the principles of the next generation of hearing protection devices
- Writing and presenting scientific results (publications etc.)
- Realizing research projects and contracts thanks to theoretical and/or experimental studies, validating, processing and interpreting results
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate:
Engineering degree or University Master’s degree + PhD in the following fields: Electrical engineering or acoustics
Knowledge and experience on the following fields would be appreciated:
- Good knowledge of acoustics is mandatory
- First experience in research is an advantage
- Good knowledge of electro-acoustics, audio signal processing, algorithms on DSPs
- Experience concerning microphones, headphones, loudspeakers
- Good knowledge of metrology
- Proficiency in Matlab, C++
- Analytical and organizational skills, thoroughness, ability to work effectively as a part of a team, communication skills
- Proficiency in English, good knowledge of German
We propose to employ you on a fixed-term contract for five years with possibility of renewal.
We offer attractive remuneration, flexible work arrangements and many opportunities for vocational training und further development.
If this challenging description fits your profile, we are looking forward to receiving your complete application, mentioning the following keyword: “APC-S”.