For immediate placement, we are currently looking for a researcher on "Improving acoustic detection capabilities of soldiers" (m/f/d).
The overall objective of this study is to develop and deepen the bases for the acoustic detection capabilities of soldiers. With regard to the state of the art of sensors and signal processing techniques for the measurement of the sound field around the head you will develop future advanced earplugs as well as a better understanding and modeling of the physical mechanisms involved in advanced multi functionality Hearing Protection Devices.
Your new tasks and responsibilities – challenging and future-oriented:
- Using parameters and models to quantify the "acoustical transparency" of hearing protectors
- Benchmarking of the sensors & algorithms for detection including the inter-actions with other acoustical functions
- Choosing sensors and laboratory tests in relation to an intermediate demonstrator of an earplug/headset including artificial acoustic reality, acoustic situational awareness and detection functions
- Contributing to the team work for the development and tests of the principle of the next generation of hearing protection devices
- Writing and presentation of the scientific results (publications etc.)
- Realizing research projects and contracts by theoretical and/or experimental studies, validation, processing and interpretations of the results
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate:
- Engineering degree or University Master’s degree + PhD in the following fields: Electrical engineering or acoustics
Knowledge and experience on the following fields would be appreciated:
- Good knowledge in acoustics is mandatory
- First experiences in research is an advantage
- Good knowledge electro-acoustics, audio signal processing, algorithms on DSPs
- Experience concerning microphones, headphones, loudspeakers
- Good knowledge of metrology
- Very good knowledge of Matlab, C++
- Analytical and organizational skills, thoroughness, ability to work effectively as a part of a team, communication skills
- Very good knowledge of English
We propose to employ you on a fixed-term contract for five years with possibility of renewal.
We offer attractive remuneration, flexible work arrangements and many opportunities for vocational training und further development.
If this challenging description fits your profile, we are looking forward to receiving your complete application, mentioning the following keyword: “APC-S 2019”.