For immediate placement, we are currently looking for a manager for the “Advanced Materials and Mechanical Testing” group (m/f/d).
The aim of our research is the production of high-strengths materials by means of powder metallurgy (synthesis of powders and sintering) as well as their characterization. The AMT group studies material properties such as structure, chemical composition and thermal behaviour as well as the mechanical and dynamic behaviour of protective materials (e.g. by using the Hopkinson bars). A special field of expertise is the manufacturing of light metals as well as metal or ceramic composite materials, functionally adapted materials and hybrid materials. The research conducted by this group is narrowly related to other scientific groups of our research institute.
A highly motivated team of about 17 colleagues including PhD students is waiting for you in order to conduct innovative research in this domain.
Your new tasks and responsibilities – challenging and future-oriented
- Managing all the research activities of the group by applying your knowledge as well as your potential
- Developing mid- and long-term strategies in your group and implementing them in the form of roadmaps
- Planning research topics and corresponding ressources
- Evaluating research results and the subsequent measures to be taken
- Preserving the group's scientific excellence and visibility by means of publications and patents as well as participation in and organization of workshop and conferences
- Use of innovative approaches in order to identify research areas with a promising future
- Intelligent use of your skills to conduct research for third-party contracts
- Responsibility for the team’s entire budget
- Winning research and third-party contracts
- Maintaining strategic and scientific partnerships and establishing new contacts
- Recruiting of doctoral candidates
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- PhD in materials Research
Knowledge and experience on the following fields would be appreciated
- Several years of professional experience in material development
- Expertise confirmed by international publications and conference participation
- Innovative skills in project and scientific management that make you stand out
- Experience in the management of interdisciplinary teams attesting to your skills in human resources development, integration and leadership, as well as an enthusiastic personality would be appreciated
- Perfect command of German and English
- Great negotiation, communication and decision taking skills
If you have all qualifications and experience required, we will offer you a permanent full-time employment. If not all requirements should be fully met, we may still offer you a fixed-term contract of five years in the first place. What’s more:
- an attractive remuneration
- Flexible working hours as well as a minimum of 27 days of annual leave for a good work-life balance
- An international and modern work environment including 400 colleagues
- Many opportunities for advanced training and further development (management seminars or technical courses)
If this challenging description fits your profile, we are looking forward to receiving your complete application, mentioning the following keyword: “AMT-Manager”.