For immediate placement, we are currently looking for an simulation systems engineer – Navigation (m/f).
Your new tasks and responsibilities – challenging and future-oriented
- Supporting the research scientist in charge of navigation studies:
- Developing navigation algorithms (Matlab, Simulink, C/C++) and taking care of the developed solutions
- Taking part in the measurement campaigns organised in order to gather sensor data (flight tests)
- Testing and assessing performance of navigation solutions
- Monitoring the works on the implementation of navigation algorithms in embarked processors in order to carry out laboratory and free-flight demonstrations
- Applying navigation algorithms in trajectory simulation of guided projectiles, gaining a broad overview on all relevant parameters: shooting conditions, sensor failures, triggering time of the guided flight phase, flight scenario, guidance law, projectile geometry, piloting principles, use of the passing points, etc.
- Participating to the development of a complete simulator (with guidance, command, actuators and navigation) in close cooperation with the guidance/command system simulation engineer and in common understanding with all group’s research scientists
- Writing of reports and publications, supervising the work of trainees
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
Engineering degree or University master’s degree in aeronautics, with a specialisation in automatics/signal processing and/or flight mechanics
Knowledge and experience on the following fields would be appreciated
- flight mechanics, automatics/signal processing, navigation algorithms with/without GNSS (GPS and/or Galileo)
- Perfect knowledge of Matlab/Simulink, C/C++ programming
- Communication skills and ability to work as part of a team, initiative, organisational skills and adaptability,
- Very good command of English, knowledge of French or German would be appreciated
- Professional experience is not required, but would be considered as an asset
We propose to employ you on a fixed-term contract for five years with possibility of renewal.
We offer attractive remuneration, flexible work arrangements and many opportunities for vocational training und further development.
If this challenging description fits your profile, we are looking forward to receiving your complete application, mentioning the following keyword: “GNC-I”.