The “Direction Générale de l’Armement” (DGA) and the “Bundesamt für Ausrüstung, Informationstechnik und Nutzung der Bundeswehr” (BAAINBw), associated with the French-German Research Institute of Saint-Louis (ISL), organize a workshop on the topic: “Battlefield Acoustics”
The workshop starts on September 23 at 14:00 and closes on September 24 in the afternoon.
The workshop is open to the interested public (EU and NATO members).
The following topics are of major interest for this Workshop:
- Acoustic environment on the battlefield: vehicle, helicopter and weapon noise, IED and blast events (characteristics, metrology,etc.)
- Hearing protection devices (earplugs, earmuffs, etc.
- Auditory hazard and damage risk criteria
- Noise regulation and application to the military context
- Noise control and audio communication (advanced active personal
- Advanced techniques in signal processing, 3D audio display,
- Acoustic sensors for counter-sniping, for ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance
and Reconnaissance) applications, for acoustic locators
and for sensor networks
- Performance of acoustic systems for detection and localization
including the influence of the environmental conditions
- National or international actions in these fields (DGA,
BAAINBw, EDA, etc.)