For immediate placement, we are currently looking for a Research scientist for detection of explosives and chemical gas simulants (m/f).
Download post description as pdf-file
The purpose of the suggested scientific work is to develop new computational techniques complemented by experimental validation in order to support the ISL activities in different areas:
- You will be synthetizing sensitive nanomaterials for detection of explosives and of combat-gas simulants
- You will be engineering detection concepts and techniques (micro-cantilevers, nanocalorimetre)
- You will be studying the affinity of several nanomaterials (these will be synthetized at ISL or been made available through cooperation) using different analytical techniques like gas chromatography
The 3 scientific fields mentioned above are aimed at a broader publication of fundamental scientific results in order to apply them to specific cases of explosive and combat-gas detection in ultratraces.
- In accomplishment of these scientific tasks you will be taking part in research projects like ANR, PCRDT, PEA, EDA, etc
- You will be increasing the scientific reputation of ISL through a broader communication about the group’s scientific results (publications, articles, reports, presentations, teaching), organizing workshops and seminars, taking part in congresses / scientific societies and associations / expert committees / peer-reviewing committees etc
- You will be writing scientific publications (A-ranking or peer-reviewed publications)
- High performance numerical modeling (ISL computational cluster or national computational centers)
- Continued use of standard codes (DYNA) or development of ISL/APC codes
- An eight year higher education diploma and PhD-level
- You have already performed high-quality research, sound skills for managing research programs are required
- You have already published your research in a series of scientific publications (A-ranked or peer-reviewed publications)
- Organizational skills, ability to work effectively as a part of a team, communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Knowledge in French or German would also be appreciated
We propose to employ you on a fixed-term contract for five years with possibility of renewal.
We offer attractive remuneration, flexible work arrangements and many opportunities for vocational training und further development.
If this challenging description fits your profile, we are looking forward to receiving your complete application, mentioning the following keyword: “PCN-S 2018”.