For immediate placement, we are currently looking for a Research Scientist in the field of optronic countermeasures specialised in nonlinear optics (m/f).
Your new tasks and responsibilities – challenging and future-oriented:
- Contribution to the strategic development of the studies in the field of optronic counter-countermeasures
- Project responsibility in the field of optical Limitation:
- Defining the research objectives
- Staff support for the research theme “optronic countermeasures”
- Preparation of contract proposals
- Carrying out theoretical and experimental research activities
- Validation of the results
- Development of scientific, academic, institutional and industrial partnerships
- Communication of the results: publications, notes, reports, patents
- Monitoring of the scientific, technological and industrial progress.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate:
- PhD in the field of solid-state physics, photonics
Your knowledge and experiences:
- Good knowledge of the physical and chemical properties of materials
- Opto-physical and thermodynamic modelling
- Knowledge of lasers and their components as well as of the specific materials in the field of optics
- Metrology and optical spectroscopy
- Solid-state physics and related experimental techniques
- Military optronics
- Extensive knowledge of switchable materials, e.g. liquid crystals
- Organizational skills, ability to work effectively as a part of a team, communication skills
- Very good command of the English language, basic knowledge of the French and/or German language would be an advantage.
We propose to employ you on a fixed-term contract for five years with possibility of renewal.
We offer attractive remuneration, flexible work arrangements and many opportunities for vocational training und further development.
If this challenging description fits your profile, we are looking forward to receiving your complete application, mentioning the following keyword: “RIM-S”.