For immediate placement, we are currently looking for a head of division for the “Laser and electromagnetic technologies” division (m/f).
The Division consists of three scientific groups with about 50 highly motivated staff members forming an interdisciplinary team. The research conducted in the Division aims at developing the following domains: lasers, high power semiconductors and pulsed power technologies, as well as electromagnetic launchers. We are looking for a person standing out by his/her ability to think outside the box, with professional expertise, and a creative mind, in order to conduct the challenging research tasks of the Division.
Your new tasks and responsibilities – challenging and future-oriented:
- Taking part in the strategic and internal organisation of the Institute
- Managing the whole Division (research findings, staff, resources, etc.) and the research areas
- Interdisciplinary cooperation and communication with the different teams and Divisions of the Institute
- Collaborating with the Institute's partners on a national and international level (research organisations, industry, etc.), making new contacts, taking part in conferences
- Involvement in the recruiting and supervision of doctoral candidates and graduating students
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate:
- PhD with distinction, preferably in the field of physics (a qualification for directing research would be appreciated)
Knowledge and experience on the following fields would be appreciated:
- Expertise internationally recognized in at least one of the research domains
- Several years of professional experience in the following fields: laser, high-power pulse technology, electromagnetic waves, railguns
- Innovative skills in project and scientific management that make you stand out
- High self-confidence in order to work closely with partners internal and external to the Institute
- High integrity and great conflict management skills, as well as solution-oriented communication skills in order to work in an interdisciplinary and heterogeneous environment
- Perfect command of English and French
- Outstanding leadership skills
We propose to employ you on a open-ended contract.
We offer attractive remuneration, flexible work arrangements and many opportunities for vocational training und further development.
If this challenging description fits your profile, we are looking forward to receiving your complete application, mentioning the following keyword: “Div-III”.